Sunday, May 10, 2015

We hail motherhood ..but have we forgotten ' HER' ?

         Maatha , Pitha, Guru, Deivam - Mother hood has always been revered in India and around the world. The wishes, messages zip zapping across the world today on whatsapp and facebook is just the tip of the iceburg.. a small expression in the ocean of deep love... which will always be divine and unconditional.


One this day, while we celebrate mothers , are we slowly forgetting the greatest mother of all - MOTHER EARTH. I recently read a book about a period, many millions of years ago when neanderthals where disappearing and human beings where walking the  Earth. For them , everything was Mother Earth , every life sprouted from her and went back to her. She was really cherished....

Apart from the book being a good one , has anything changed over the many millennia ....Mother Earth has not changed a bit .Life still flows from her with great abundance and she is as patient as ever , but we have changed... 
Oh my ...how we have changed !!! and how we are slowly and slowly scarring her.


There is a time scale comparison I saw that if  we equate the entire time scale of the Earth to 24 hours, we homo sapiens have been around only for the last two seconds....and can we pat ourselves for a great show  ? We have taken giant strides and at what a cost !! 

In one of my previous blogs I had mentioned that it is the duty of every parent to take care of their health and parents falling ill can be damaging to children.. and I don't have answer for Mother Earth :-(

From the Gentle walk humans being started with, we have marched, stomped and finally are stampeding  Mother Earth....I do not think we can tell with pride that we are taking good care of Mother Earth - but it is never too late or have we found the address on another planet where our great grandchildren can move too ?

We can always start with Baby steps again and by writing this blog on this glorious mother's day , I take an oath that I will do something every year to start reversing the damage. I hope every reader of this blog joins me....Let start taking care .....gently 


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good analytical view madam. .

Unknown said...

Good analytical view madam. .

Sujatha said...

Thanks Sree...hope this is a good start

manjula said...

Good and needed thought that you have put it rightly AS.

Sujatha said...

Thanks Manju !! .. I really hope this triggers a good change in me .

Sujatha said...

] Thiru: Hi Sujatha .. I read ur blog 😊it's so gud..
[15:14, 12/05/2015] Thiru: I was thinking who is "her" which is mentioned on ur title
[15:14, 12/05/2015] Thiru: After reading I'm very impressed with different way of writing and mentioning our Mother Earth ☺️
[15:14, 12/05/2015] Thiru: πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thrilled, excited,joyful etc.

Years roll by and I guess all of us at one stage think, I should have done this. When we are in our twenties, that seems ok because we feel...