Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The celebration or the celebrities ..where is the problem ?

          Movies and Politics have always been something distant  for me .. not that I don't watch movies , I occasionally do , but I wouldn't bat an eyelid if by some miracle there was not going to be single movie made for the next thousands of years .....

    Yet ,this blog is revolving around it, as suddenly I noticed issues brewing around  Amir Khan's statement about him not feeling safe in our Country or Salman Khan's so called ''expected release'  , and followed by  public out leash, ( which is what drew my attention than the original issue itself ) . I went to our dear google out of curiosity . Not only do I personally feel that many movies are socially irresponsible by glorifying violence,alcohol, teasing etc, but many times this social irresponsibility flows very much from reel to real. Though there is always the argument that , violence or alcoholism would happen even without movies, for sure movies compliment the scenario to a large extent .

 There is or there could be a political angle to all these issues or the issue could be woven from a suttle reality , which I am neither interested in digging into nor do I want to debate on why Amir Khan made such a statement or why Salman was released.. my thoughts are with the  same public which is justifiably outpouring its irritation today and is the  one who also celebrates them.....

 ......and my biggest question is ' If these actors were not celebrated upon to such an extent and the public did not make their movies hits allowing them to amass exorbitant sums of money , would they be in a position of power ? Would their statements matter in a political scenario or will they be in position to  buy their freedom ?   Even from an angle that an actor's  statement could have been misunderstood ( his intention being completely something else ) , would it still be used for 'dirty politics' if he were not celebrated like he is today ?

.....There were times when people used to drop everything to watch movie being shot at . Then with the advent of  cable TV, the world of movies just moved from the silver screen to the small screen , only escalating the craze....it still incomprehensible to me on why on Independence day , they have to interview on TV, an actors and actresses.... does really India have nothing else to boast of, after Independence except movies.......? Irrespective of the negative impact , movie starts are put on pedestals.

   Movies are just for entrainment , nothing more nothing else. It is  an industry which does host a lot of talent and nothing wrong with person's decision to to take any career in movies ....what I find uncomfortable is the to the level the common man celebrates the celebrities. Let me be very clear when I say that  its each individual's wish  in appreciating a person in the entertainment field, but are we stretching the appreciation tooo far ,,,,,,and that is the wave which is used to make millions today ..in advertising , in politics , in court cases ..name it.

    So am closing with an open question ?  Does the problem lie with the celebrities or the celebration  ??

Hoping to feed your thoughts..... .......................




No comments:

Thrilled, excited,joyful etc.

Years roll by and I guess all of us at one stage think, I should have done this. When we are in our twenties, that seems ok because we feel...